Please do not expect any donations from me to the national party during the primaries. While I will – and have – given my financial support to individual candidates – the Republican Party will not receive any financial support until you decide to be Republican again.
Almost a year ago, the voters of this country swept Democrats out of congress and replaced them with members of your party. At considerable expense – and fighting a powerful President – we endeavored to start the process of correcting the very bad laws that came out of the Democrat Party. I understand that without a supermajority that not much could get done, especially a veto override. However, we expected you to at least try.
So far, the RNC has not even shown up at the starting blocks.
Consider what we expected you to do:
- Defund Obama Care – we expected bill after bill to go up to the White House. Again, we expected a veto on each one. But we also expected that the Republicans would have crafted those bills to make the President veto what would have been common sense reforms. Except for a few half-hearted resolutions, we have seen no major attacks on the Affordable Health Care bill.
- Under GOP leadership, the Senate stripped itself of treaty powers. No matter what the Executive branch titles it, the deal with Iran is by definition a treaty. The Constitution gives that power to the Senate – until Republicans gave it away.
- The border continues to be unsecured. This issue is not a Hispanic issue – which seems to scare the RNC into immobility. This is a national security issue. Yet, no bills have been passed in order to stem the flow of illegal immigrants and terrorists into this country. In fact, a bill fully funding the DHS and amnesty was passed in the House – but only with the help of Democrats.
In 2012 the RNC told us that we needed a House majority to get things done in Washington. We gave you that. In 2014, you told us that we needed a majority in both houses of Congress – we gave you that as well. For the 2016 round, we are told that we need a majority in Congress and win the White House. We will work hard for that goal.
But, if we succeed, will the RNC show up to govern?
- Will you secure the borders and ensure national security by halting the illegal immigrant tidal wave?
- Will you repeal and replace the ACA with something more sustainable, more workable, with less government involvement?
- Will you negate any “agreements” that should have gone through the Senate because they are indeed treaties?
- Will you reduce taxes and government spending? Is it indeed too hopeful to think you might even repeal the Income Tax and replace it with a national retail sales tax?
- Will you be champions of small government?
In other words, will the Republicans govern as Republicans?